Explore Calgary City
Calgary is rated as 13th best places to visit in Canada. There is no surprise that people planning to make a Canada vacation will find this place as one of the best places for their vacation spot. In fact, there are many things to do and enjoy in Calgary like participating in events, joining ski clubs, hiking, trailing, wine tour, etc. This is the reason Calgary International Airport (YYC) remain busy round the year and you may find difficulty in booking an airline ticket to Calgary.
Never Miss Calgary Tourist Attractions
- Heritage Park: Heritage Park in Calgary is a unique village from the old period, with dozens of reconstructed historic buildings and lively costumed interpreters from 4 different time periods - ranging from 1860 to 1930, the age of town square.
- Glenbow Museum: In the Glenbow Museum, visitors can view a few rare exhibits displaying the historical development of western Canada. The museum displays the documents related to the ancient era of the city, visitors will get to see the documents of the lifestyle of early fur-traders and the North West Mounted Police, Métis uprisings under Louis Riel, and detail development of the oil industry in the area.
- Calgary Zoo: Established in 1912, the Calgary Zoo is located at St. George's Island near the Bow River. The zoo houses plenty of examples of rare and endangered species of animals, as well as unique botanical gardens. Spring is always the best fun time at the zoo with the birth of plenty of newborn animals.
- Calgary Tower: This is a magnificent tower in Calgary where a viewing platform and revolving restaurant is available at the height of 191 to offer the city's eagle view. Until 1984, the Calgary tower was accounted as the tallest in the city.
- Fort Calgary: As the first colony of the North West Mounted Police, Fort Calgary was found in 1875 at the convergence of the rivers named Elbow and Bow. The old structure of the original fort still exists, and the Calgary Fort Museum helps in interpreting the origin of the city.
- Devonian Gardens: On the 4th story of the Core Shopping Centre, visitors will get to enter the floral paradise called Devonian Gardens. It covers around 1 hector area; the indoor gardens feature beautiful tropical palms, fish ponds, sculptures, fountains, and a living wall.
Roam Around Calgary
The city offers a great transportation service in the city which includes a fleet of buses, trains and shuttle services in the city. It is very easy to roam around the city while hiring cabs taxis, bikes and shuttle services.
Calgary Nearby Cities Calling You:
- Winnipeg and others according to your tour days Calgary.
Contact Tripiflights and we will assist you about the information like the best time to book cheap flights to Calgary, the best time to get flight discounts, lowest cost air ticket available on your journey date, etc. You will be able to plan a budget holiday without compromising your travel plan.