Explore Juneau city
Juneau city is the capital city of Alaska and is also the largest city in The States in terms of area. The city is mainly about the craziness of the dolphins and the whales. For all the adventure and cruise lovers, this is the ultimate getaway location and a real gem that captures the rawness of nature and its awesome belongings. Close to the Mendenhall Glacier, this city features the boldness and the balanced ecosphere. Whether the glaciers, rich flora, and fauna, or simple kayak or a charter boat ride, you’ll find adventure unfolding before your eyes and unforgettable experiences waits for you to visit.
Other than the unique wilderness, this city also exhibits the realness in its old-style mansions and gothic style architecture. The main city’s downtown filled with various gift and souvenir shops, vintage jewelry shops, king crab shacks, and local fish and marine food restaurants. It’s recommended finding the best airfare deals to Juneau and avail of the heavy discount on your airline ticket for this trip.
Never Miss Juneau City Tourist Attractions
- Mendenhall Glacier Excursions: This place is made up of several short hiking paths that lead to the lake area. It offers outstanding Photo Point Trail, with an unmatched view of the glacier face. It’s something that you will keep in heart forever after. The excursion ends at the very famous Douglas Island, which is a historic mining community which will give you photo opportunities of the whole panoramic view across the ocean till the downtown of Juneau. You will then arrive back to the main cruise ship terminal.
- Tongass National Forest: This national forest stretches to over 17 million acres of land and is also America’s largest national forest. You can see everything from the deep, rich waters of Alaska’s to its land of ancient forests and even the mountains and glaciers. This temperate rainforest is a land shaped by the forces of water. Water stored in glaciers creeps out to the sea in titanic rivers and tiny streams. Waterfalls as rain, mist, and snow and feed the forest. The sea carves the coast while bringing nutrients from thousands of miles away deep inland.
- Tracy Arm Fjord: This place is located just southeast of Juneau, and is an ice-cloaked glacial fjord that takes the visitors through some outstanding natural scenery of waterfalls, glaciers, and icebergs. The impressive twin Sawyer Glaciers are at the head of the fjord and looks especially enchanting. You can learn about the natural history of Tracy Arm, its glaciers, and wildlife by taking a guided cruise. You will be able to see the huge walls of Tracy Arm Fjord that rise vertically out of the water, with trees jutting out at quirky and unusual angles. It offers wildlife sightings where you can spot bears, deer, and moose on the way. Over the ocean, you will be guided by the bald eagles, arctic terns, and pigeon and often by whales and seals for their surprise appearances.
- Mount Roberts Tramway: For an outstanding experience this is a must do a thing, you can take from the base camp near the cruise ship docks and enjoy the elevation of 1,800 feet. At the mountaintop observatory, you will be able to spot the nature center, along with some of the upscale restaurants, theaters, and gift shops. You can also enjoy nature trails for the views of the Gastineau Channel along the way, Keep your battery charged because this is an adventure of a lifetime. The Mountain House at the top of the hill has a live eagle display along with fine Alaskan art and home décor items on sale!
- Roam around Juneau city: The city offers a user-friendly an organized transport system that is not bounded to language contains. You can take a Helicopter and a small plane or get city bus service and cab services. There are zip lines and day cruises available at Eagle Crest Ski Area and Mount Roberts Tramway. There are Taxis available for travel; otherwise, it’s better to hire a rental car for your convenience.
Book Airline Tickets to Juneau City
Finding cheap flights to Juneau is a matter of no hassle with us. Experience the unmatched pleasure of journey with the availability of flight deals to Juneau that ensures you to save much on your budget. Be a part of a wonderful leisure or business trip after booking flights at less and spend that amount on a range of delightful activities of your choice. Contact Tripiflights and we will assist you with the information like the best time to book Juneau Flights, the best time to get flight discounts, lowest cost plane tickets to Juneau, etc. available on your journey date. Therefore, wait no more to find airfare deals to Juneau and make your trip even more exciting and unforgettable.
Tripi-Flights back up its customer’s with a ‘bond of a brand’ that is always dedicated to offering best-in-class services that include discounted air tickets to Juneau. Our travel assistant helps you customize your travel plan with a tailored vacation package, a wide range of hotels, and the best car rental that values your money to make your travel goes wonderful and memorable.