Explore Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata with its spectacular, sprawling landscape, combined with the sea, lush mountains, various valleys, wide rivers, and fresh turquoise beaches make this city a major tourist hub of the Caribbean. Its fertile soil provides a perfect base for cacao and coffee trees. Drawn by the sights of clouds shimmering over Mount Isabel de Torres and illuminating Puerto Plata’s vast blue shoreline, making it perfect to its nickname “Silver Port”. Book your cheap flight tickets to Puerto Plata for experiencing Columbus’s trail to witness the massive archeological ruins now turned and secured as national parks.
Never Miss Puerto Plata City Tourist Attractions
- Ocean World Adventure Park: This is the largest man-made dolphin habitat in the world. With amazing shows, lasting nightlife, and adventure sports with snorkel in Tropical Reef Aquarium. There are marine mammals to feed exotic tropical birds, walk through a tropical rainforest, and observe Dolphin Show, Shark Show, Sea Lions Show, and Tropical Bird Show. There is free access to the dolphin beach, freshwater pool, chairs-lounge that will never forget for a lifetime.
- Fortaleza San Felipe: Fortaleza San Felipe is a historic Spanish fortress located in the north of the Dominican Republic. It is also known as El Morro de San Felipe located on a hill at the Puntilla Del Malecón, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It also serves a museum showcasing the important role it played in the history of Puerto Plata and the Dominican Republic. The Fortaleza also houses military artifacts from the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Playa Dorada Beach: This beach with white sands clearly offers one of the Dominican Republic’s most established and beautiful tourist destinations; this beach offers all kinds of aquatic activities. It is one of the well-known tourist destinations on the island beautifully decorated with magnificent beachfront resorts. You can have sun loungers and umbrellas ready for the visitors. There are options to snorkels and find the tropical fish duck and swim with the pretty corals.
- Pico Isabel de Torres: This gives a lifetime memory as you can ride the cable car up through a pleasant botanical garden enjoying the panoramas over the city from a height of 2,600 feet. As you go up the mountain, you can look at the giant statue of Christ the Redeemer, and get pictures standing in front of the massive statue, highlighting the whole city. You also get the opportunity to walk through the botanical gardens and know about the endemic plant species and buy souvenirs from the various stalls nearby.
Roam Around Puerto Plata
The city offers a user-friendly organized transport system that is not bound to language contains. You can easily get a subway service, city bus service, and cab services that are available to roam around the city. You may even avail car rentals in advance to avoid traffic during the festival times.
Puerto Plata Nearby Cities Calling You
- Villa Bisono
- Santiago de los Caballeros
Contact Tripi-Flights and we will let you know the best deals for cheap flights to Puerto Plata, to offer you the best value of your travel budget and complete your tour package while traveling with your family.